L-3 Link Awarded Contract to Provide E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System Flight and Mission Crew Training

Contact: Rick Oyler | Manager, Communications | L-3 Link Simulation & Training | 817-619-3536

ARLINGTON, Texas, December 2, 2013 – L-3 Link Simulation & Training (L-3 Link) announced today that it has been awarded a contract from Northrop Grumman Corporation to provide flight and mission crew training services in support of the U.S. Air Force’s E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (JSTARS) Total System Support Responsibility program. In addition to this initial one-year award, L-3 Link could receive five additional contract options through 2019 to provide E-8C JSTARS training at Robins Air Force Base, Ga.

Prior to this award, L-3 Link has been providing academic and training device instruction to E-8C JSTARS flight and mission crews. This effort has included more than 90,000 hours annually of instruction and subject matter expert support.

L-3 Link’s academic and device training solutions have supported a 100 percent on-time graduation rate of E-8C JSTARS students to the U.S. Air Force’s 330th and 129th Combat Training Squadron over the past year. The high level of instruction directly contributed to 97 percent of students graduating through the flying phase of E-8C JSTARS training, which represents the highest graduation rate in the service’s Air Combat Command.

“We look forward to continuing our work with Northrop Grumman to produce highly proficient flight and mission crews for the one-of-a-kind E-8C JSTARS weapon system,” said Dan Kelly, L-3 Link’s vice president for Air Force programs. “At L-3 Link, we remain committed to providing the men and women that operate this platform with the high level of training support their mission demands.”

L-3 Link will provide instruction to more than 400 E-8C JSTARS students annually, with a curriculum that supports qualification, upgrade and continuation training. More than 80 percent of these students receive academic classroom and simulator instruction on 11 E-8C JSTARS mission crew positions. The remaining 20 percent of E-8C JSTARS students represent the platform’s flight crew personnel, including pilot, copilot, navigator/combat systems officer (CSO) and flight engineer positions.

The E-8C JSTARS is a Northrop Grumman-modified B707-300 commercial aircraft. Its primary mission is to provide ground and air commanders in-theater with ground surveillance to support attack operations and targeting that contributes to the delay, disruption and destruction of enemy forces.

L-3 Link Simulation & Training (L-3 Link) is a world leader in providing intelligent total training solutions for operators and maintainers across a wide range of military, civil and commercial platforms. L-3 Link’s innovative solutions provide a full spectrum of state-of-the-art training technologies, including high-fidelity immersive simulations, as well as distributed academic and interactive courseware. The company has delivered military, civil and commercial training systems to customer locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. L-3 Link is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, with key bases of operation in Binghamton, N.Y.; Orlando, Fla.; Oklahoma City, Okla.; Broken Arrow, Okla.; Phoenix, Ariz.; and Crawley, U.K. For more information, please visit the company’s website at www.link.com.

Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, platform and logistics solutions, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2012 sales of $13.1 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.

Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
Except for historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this news release are forward-looking statements. Statements that are predictive in nature, that depend upon or refer to events or conditions or that include words such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates,” “will,” “could” and similar expressions are forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements set forth above involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any such statement, including the risks and uncertainties discussed in the company’s Safe Harbor Compliance Statement for Forward-Looking Statements included in the company’s recent filings, including Forms 10-K and 10-Q, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made, and the company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.