U.S. Navy mission crews today are training on P-3C Tactical Operational Readiness Trainers (TORTs) and P-3C Forward Deployed Trainers (FDTs) built by L-3 Link.
We have built and upgraded P-3 trainers for the U.S. Navy for over 40 years. Our depth of experience has enabled us to deliver new and upgrade fielded P-3C training devices cost-effectively and timely, ensuring these trainers remain concurrent with the aircraft and continue to support critical crew mission readiness.
High-fidelity P-3C TORTs enable aircrews to achieve certified crew readiness training and are designed to match the aircraft’s interior physical arrangement.
P-3C TORTs include positions for the:
- Tactical coordinator
- Non-acoustic sensor and acoustic sensor crew stations
- Pilot and co-pilot flight stations
P-3C FDTs are designed to:
- Accurately simulate all three of the platform’s acoustic and non-acoustic sensor operator consoles
- Help aircrews maintain their proficiency in tracking targets over complex operating environments
- Enable modular consoles to be flexibly arranged to operate within small footprint requirements
L-3 Link-built P-3C trainers enable P-3C AIP aircrews to focus on maintaining their Anti-Submarine Warfare; Anti-Surface Warfare; and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance skills. Overall training costs to the U.S. Navy also are reduced due to the ability to conduct crew qualification flights on the Link-built trainers vs. the actual aircraft.